- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce Sriracha brand preferred)*
- 1 lb. Green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 large carrot, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and hot sauce. Add remaining ingredients; toss. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to wilt cabbage and blend flavors.
- *Sriracha is a brand of Thai hot sauce. You should be able to find it at better Asian grocery stores if not, just use Franks Hot Sauce or even Tabasco.
NotesI make this for my guests as an alternative to bland vegetable salads at dinner parties. This goes well with heartier main courses, as the contrast in flavors is exciting. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Adventures in Cooking
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More