SPICY SALMON WITH PEPPER-JACK COUSCOUS
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 sheets (12x18-inches each) Aluminum Foil
- 8 ounces pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles, drained
- 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
PREHEAT oven to 450ºF. Spray sheets of foil with non stick cooking spray.
COMBINE cheese, sour cream, and water. Stir in instant rice and green chiles.
ARRANGE one-fourth of rice mixture on the non-stick (dull) side of each sheet of foil. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place a salmon portion over each couscous mound and press slightly to level couscous. Squeeze lime over salmon.
COMBINE sea salt, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle over salmon.
BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
BAKE salmon packets for 20 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.