- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 sheets (12x18-inches each) Aluminum Foil
- 8 ounces pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles, drained
- 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- PREHEAT oven to 450ºF. Spray sheets of foil with non stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cheese, sour cream, and water. Stir in instant rice and green chiles.
- ARRANGE one-fourth of rice mixture on the non-stick (dull) side of each sheet of foil. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place a salmon portion over each couscous mound and press slightly to level couscous. Squeeze lime over salmon.
- COMBINE sea salt, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle over salmon.
- BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- BAKE salmon packets for 20 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.