- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 5 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt the butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté about 15 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the flour and nutmeg and cook stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cream and milk and cook until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the spinach.
- Add the spinach to the sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cheese, mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and gruyere on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More