- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T butter
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, julienned
- 1/2 Red pepper, julienned
- 4-6 Button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon, then peel off the pith (white) and make 4 very thin slices from the middle
- 6 Sea scallops, each sliced into 4 coins
- 6-8 cups baby field greens / mesculine mix / california mix
- 1-2 T Balsamic vinegar
- In a large fry pan, heat butter and oil, add onion, pepper, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper, zest and lemon slices. Stir over med. heat till onions are almost transparent. Push veggies to the side and add scallops.
- Cook 30-40 seconds, turn scallops over and add greens. Toss gently to mix, coat and cook greens, 2-3 minutes. Greens should be wilty and tender soft, but not soggy, sprinkle 1 T balsamic vinegar...taste, adjust seasoning and add more vinegar if needed
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More