STRAWBERRY POPOVER DESSERT
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- strawberry jam, warmed (or your variety jam, preserves, or jelly)
- powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease oven-proof skillet. (I use cast iron.)
- Stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add eggs and half of milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add remainder of milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add sour cream and butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into ovenproof skillet. Bake 20 minutes.
- Carefully removed popover to plate.
- Microwave jam until slightly warm. Carefully spread over popover.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
- VARIATION: Top with fresh fruit and whipped cream. An easy version of shortcake!
NotesMy family enjoys popovers. So, I decided to experiment with a popover-type batter, bake it in a cast iron frying pan, and spread with homemade strawberry jam. Measure, whisk, pour, bake, and eat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More