- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- Streusel Topping/Filling:
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/3 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tb. unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut
- 2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 c. crushed pineapple in juice, undrained, (1/2 of an 8 oz. can)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly butter a 10" diameter circle in center of baking sheet.
- To prepare streusel:
- In small bowl stir together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute over flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter 'til mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts and coconut. Set aside
- To prepare the scones:
- In large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute over flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter 'til mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl stir together pineapple, egg and vanilla. Add pineapple mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- With lightly floured hands, pat half the dough into an 8" circle in center of prepared baking sheet. Reserving 2/3 c. of streusel for topping, sprinkle the remaining streusel on dough to within 1" of the edges. Press down lightly. With floured hands, pat dough over the streusel-topped dough on the baking sheet.
- Press edges to seal well. Sprinkle top with remaining 2/3 c. streusel. Press lightly. Bake 25-35 min. or 'til cake tester or toothpick inserted into center of scone comes out clean.
- Remove baking sheet to wire rack and cool for 15 min. With a spatula transfer scones to wire rack to cool. When ready to serve, cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight container.
Notes"A cake-like scones with a hint of pineapple, filled and topped with a pecan coconut streusel."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cooking for a Cure
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More