- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice a chicken breast in half lengthwise, leaving the halves attached on one side: opened and laid flat, the chicken breast should resemble a butterfly. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap, and pound flat. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Combine Parmesan cheese with Italian seasoning and chives, and sprinkle over chicken breasts. At one end of each breast, place 3 strips of roasted pepper. Top with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Roll each breast up, starting on the side with the peppers and cheese. Insert a toothpick in each roll to prevent unrolling. Place in prepared baking dish. Season rolls with salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Set oven to broil, and continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, slice to display the colorful filling, and serve.