- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (12”) French bread loaf
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound chicken, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees F.
- Cut bread loaf in half lengthwise, remove centers in small chunks leaving a 1/4" shell. Bake bread chunks on a cookie sheet with pine nuts 5 - 7 minutes, set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet, sprinkle chicken with liquid smoke, sauté until done, remove chicken.
- Deglaze skillet with wine, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sauté garlic, mushrooms and thyme until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add baked bread chunks, toasted pine nuts, sautéed chicken, broccoli, salt and pepper to skillet mixing well.
- Fill French bread halves with stuffing, sprinkle with Fontina cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes, cut each loaf in slices and serve hot.....
Notes..... delicious !