- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA fun lite twist on the ordinary french toast.
- 8 slices of low carb or thin sliced whole grained bread
- 2 large bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup of sugar free flavored coffee creamer (I use International Delight hazelnut)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- butter spray like Pam
- Mix the creamer, eggs, and spices in a large bowl with flat bottom. Take two slices of bread, and place 1/4 of the mashed bananas on one slice and make a sandwich with other slice. The mashed banana will hold bread slices together. Repeat with other bread slices.
- Spray skillet or flat grill with Pam and heat. Dunk your sandwich in the egg mixture, covering both slides. Let excess egg drip back into bowl and "fry" it in the skillet until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately. May serve with sugar-free maple syurp, or melt any sugar-free or all-fruit jam in microwave and use as syurp.