- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds sliced almonds
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2. Place almonds in a roasting pan.
- 3. Pour egg whites over almonds and toss continually to evenly coat.
- 4. Add sugar and toss again.
- 5. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until almonds are golden, approximately 40 minutes. Cool and reserve until needed.
- Serving size: 4 cakes - each cake serves 8-16 depending on how thick each slice is cut.
- Preparation time: approx. 1.5 hours total
- Cooking time: approx 1.5 hours for almonds and cake (not concurrently) 0
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More