- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds sliced almonds
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2. Place almonds in a roasting pan.
- 3. Pour egg whites over almonds and toss continually to evenly coat.
- 4. Add sugar and toss again.
- 5. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until almonds are golden, approximately 40 minutes. Cool and reserve until needed.
- Serving size: 4 cakes - each cake serves 8-16 depending on how thick each slice is cut.
- Preparation time: approx. 1.5 hours total
- Cooking time: approx 1.5 hours for almonds and cake (not concurrently) 0
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More