- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds sliced almonds
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2. Place almonds in a roasting pan.
- 3. Pour egg whites over almonds and toss continually to evenly coat.
- 4. Add sugar and toss again.
- 5. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until almonds are golden, approximately 40 minutes. Cool and reserve until needed.
- Serving size: 4 cakes - each cake serves 8-16 depending on how thick each slice is cut.
- Preparation time: approx. 1.5 hours total
- Cooking time: approx 1.5 hours for almonds and cake (not concurrently) 0
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More