- Cooking Time: less than 5 minutes
- Servings: 24 (or one!)
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
BackstoryI developed this recipe because I love Cocoa Krispies, I like the original Rice Krispies Treats and wanted a really yummy best-of-both treat!
I use a little more butter than the original recipe. And I use 1 cup less of the cereal for a chewier, gooier* treat.
Also, it is imperative that you use fresh marshmallows. I thought I could use up an old hardened bag my m-i-l gave me and they simply would not melt and mix.
*Although not so gooey that they are sticky-messy.
- 4-5 T. butter
- 2 squares bittersweet baking chocolate
- 10.5-oz. bag miniature marshmallows (FRESH!)
- 5 C. Cocoa Krispies
- Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate over low-medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add marshmallows and stir, stir, stir until completely combined and melted.
- Add Cocoa Krispies and stir until thoroughly and completely coated.
- Using buttered wax paper, press into buttered 13 X 9 inch baking pan. Allow to cool, then cut into squares to serve. Keep in airtight container. (And perhaps hide it if you want them to last more than an hour or so!)