- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 21/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-2/3 cup (10 oz pkg.) Hershey's Cinnamon chips
- 2 Tbs. melted butter
- Heat oven to 425º
- Stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into 1/2 in. slices; using fingers or pastry blender, mix butter into flour until coarse crumbs form. Add buttermilk; stir with a fork just until ingredients are moistened and soft dough forms. Add Cinnamon chips. Gather dough into a ball, pressing gently to hold together. Turn out onto a slightly floured work surface; knead briefly, about a dozen turns. Cut dough in half.
- Roll or pat one piece at a time, dough into a 7 inch circle, 1/2 in. thick. Brush circle with 1 Tbs. melted butter; sprinkle with 1 Tbs. sugar. Cut circle into 6 triangles. Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until tops are golden. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temp.
Adventures in Cooking
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More