- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 21/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-2/3 cup (10 oz pkg.) Hershey's Cinnamon chips
- 2 Tbs. melted butter
- Heat oven to 425º
- Stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into 1/2 in. slices; using fingers or pastry blender, mix butter into flour until coarse crumbs form. Add buttermilk; stir with a fork just until ingredients are moistened and soft dough forms. Add Cinnamon chips. Gather dough into a ball, pressing gently to hold together. Turn out onto a slightly floured work surface; knead briefly, about a dozen turns. Cut dough in half.
- Roll or pat one piece at a time, dough into a 7 inch circle, 1/2 in. thick. Brush circle with 1 Tbs. melted butter; sprinkle with 1 Tbs. sugar. Cut circle into 6 triangles. Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until tops are golden. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
culinary karmaSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More