- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 21/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-2/3 cup (10 oz pkg.) Hershey's Cinnamon chips
- 2 Tbs. melted butter
- Heat oven to 425º
- Stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into 1/2 in. slices; using fingers or pastry blender, mix butter into flour until coarse crumbs form. Add buttermilk; stir with a fork just until ingredients are moistened and soft dough forms. Add Cinnamon chips. Gather dough into a ball, pressing gently to hold together. Turn out onto a slightly floured work surface; knead briefly, about a dozen turns. Cut dough in half.
- Roll or pat one piece at a time, dough into a 7 inch circle, 1/2 in. thick. Brush circle with 1 Tbs. melted butter; sprinkle with 1 Tbs. sugar. Cut circle into 6 triangles. Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until tops are golden. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More