- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® SWIRLED™ Milk Chocolate & Caramel Morsels, divided
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Additional sweetened dried cranberries, chopped (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- COMBINE flour and powdered sugar in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture appears dry.
- SPRINKLE 1 cup morsels and 3/4 cup cranberries over hot cookie base. Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon meringue over morsels and cranberries. Carefully spread to edges.
- BAKE for 14 to 18 minutes or until meringue topping is puffed and golden brown. While still hot out of oven, sprinkle with remaining morsels and additional cranberries. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars with sharp knife. Dip knife in warm water if it becomes sticky.
- Makes 24 bars
NotesThese meringue squares combine milk chocolate, caramel and cranberries for a delicious dessert.
Recipe from NESTLÉ®
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More