- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- * 300ml full fat milk
- * 2 medium eggs
- * 125g plain flour
- * 25g butter, melted
- * Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
- For each serving:
- * 2 small scoops ice cream
- * 1 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1. Put the milk and eggs into a jug and whisk together. Put the flour into a large bowl, and make a hollow in the centre. Gradually pour the milk mixture into the centre, whisking as you pour, continue whisking until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Alternatively put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- 2. To cook the pancakes, use a non–stick 18cm pan for best results. Heat the pan on medium heat until there is a slight haze coming from it. Brush the pan with butter or oil then pour in about 70ml of batter - use a small ladle if available. Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- 3. Cook for about 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give it a little shake – it should come loose and move in the pan. Either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, then cook for a further minute.
- 4. Continue to cook more pancakes in the same way. Roll up the pancakes and put 2 on each plate. For each serving place two small scoops of ice cream then quickly drizzle over the Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More