- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup toasted flaked coconut
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with Reynold's parchment paper
- Sprinkle the coconut and pecans in the bottom of the pan.
- Beat the cake mix, yogurt, water, oil, and eggs 4 minutes.
- Pour over coconut and nuts.
- Smooth the top.
- Mix the melted butter, cream cheese and sugar for about one minute and spoon over cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes. It will set as it cools. Serve pieces upside down so that coconut and nuts are on top.
NotesI call this my sad cake because I am so sad when it's all gone. It has everything except the kitchen sink!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More