- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI call this my sad cake because I am so sad when it's all gone. It has everything except the kitchen sink!
- 1 cup toasted flaked coconut
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with Reynold's parchment paper
- Sprinkle the coconut and pecans in the bottom of the pan.
- Beat the cake mix, yogurt, water, oil, and eggs 4 minutes.
- Pour over coconut and nuts.
- Smooth the top.
- Mix the melted butter, cream cheese and sugar for about one minute and spoon over cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes. It will set as it cools. Serve pieces upside down so that coconut and nuts are on top.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Deliciously Healthy at NCISee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More