- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 inch slices of Greek saganaki cheese
- lemon juice
- Fry the cheese in butter or olive oil. For a dramatic presentation, soak the cheese in alcohol such as brandy.
- Carefully flambee in an iron skillet using oven mitts for safety.
- The Greek yell "Opa!" as a cheer, then douse the flame with lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh oregano.
- Great served with pita bread!
NotesThis is a popular appetizer served in Greek restaurants, usually accompanied by quite the show :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More