- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 inch slices of Greek saganaki cheese
- lemon juice
- Fry the cheese in butter or olive oil. For a dramatic presentation, soak the cheese in alcohol such as brandy.
- Carefully flambee in an iron skillet using oven mitts for safety.
- The Greek yell "Opa!" as a cheer, then douse the flame with lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh oregano.
- Great served with pita bread!
NotesThis is a popular appetizer served in Greek restaurants, usually accompanied by quite the show :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More