- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bunch of sage
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 12 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Bring cheese and butter to room temperature.
- Heat sugar and water in a small pan under medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Chop up the fennel and add to the sugar and let boil over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture is syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Sift powdered sugar into a bowl or onto parchment.
- Beat butter and cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- Add half of the sugar and the sage syrup. Beat until combined.
- Gradually add remaining sugar. Spread onto cupcakes and sprinkle on allspice if desired.
NotesThis makes a lot; freeze the rest and use it for bagels or fruit. Throw in the fridge to thaw when ready for use. Adapted from Cupcake Bakeshop