- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bunch of sage
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 12 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Bring cheese and butter to room temperature.
- Heat sugar and water in a small pan under medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Chop up the fennel and add to the sugar and let boil over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture is syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Sift powdered sugar into a bowl or onto parchment.
- Beat butter and cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- Add half of the sugar and the sage syrup. Beat until combined.
- Gradually add remaining sugar. Spread onto cupcakes and sprinkle on allspice if desired.
NotesThis makes a lot; freeze the rest and use it for bagels or fruit. Throw in the fridge to thaw when ready for use. Adapted from Cupcake Bakeshop
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce