- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFrom blog Culinary In The Desert
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, wheat flour, yeast, sage, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, oil and honey.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and stir together until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic - add enough of the remaining flour to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down - cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Evenly divide the dough into 12 pieces - shape each piece into a tight ball, covering them to prevent drying.
- Place the dough balls on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife or kitchen shears to cut a 1/4" deep X in the top of each roll.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350.
- Bake until puffed and beginning to brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer rolls to a wire rack to cool.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More