- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 2 cups
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySage is a traditional flavor for gravy because its savory aroma is a great match for gravy's creamy flavor. Spoon this vegan sage gravy over steamed rice or potatoes, if you like.
Per serving (3 Tbsp/64g-wt.): 40 calories (25 from fat), 2.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 0g sugar), 0g protein
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 stalk celery, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3/4 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic until onion is translucent. Reduce heat to low. Stir in flour to make a roux. Stirring often, cook roux over very low heat for three minutes. Return to high heat, whisk in vegetable broth, liquid aminos, and tamari. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Add sage, simmer for 10 minutes. Check seasonings and adjust to taste.