- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 2 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 stalk celery, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3/4 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic until onion is translucent. Reduce heat to low. Stir in flour to make a roux. Stirring often, cook roux over very low heat for three minutes. Return to high heat, whisk in vegetable broth, liquid aminos, and tamari. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Add sage, simmer for 10 minutes. Check seasonings and adjust to taste.
NotesSage is a traditional flavor for gravy because its savory aroma is a great match for gravy's creamy flavor. Spoon this vegan sage gravy over steamed rice or potatoes, if you like.
Per serving (3 Tbsp/64g-wt.): 40 calories (25 from fat), 2.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 0g sugar), 0g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More