- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb white bread cubes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery with leaves
- 1 onion
- 1/4 lb mushrooms
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs (optional, I like my stuffing to have a slightly firm texture)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- Preheat oven to 360F/180C
- Cut the vegetable in small pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and melt butter. Add vegetables some salt and pepper and the sage. Saute til the vegetables become tender.
- Put the bread cubes in a very large bowl and add the vegetables and 2 cups of broth. Stir. Add some more broth. The actual amount depends on how moist you like your stuffing. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Add in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Put into a 10x10 pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake 1/2 hour then remove the foil and bake until top is lightly browned.
- (I like lots of sage flavor, so you might want to start with half as much sage and see how that tastes for you.)
NotesI know there are tons of recipes for stuffing on our site, but here is my version of a bread stuffing for turkey, chicken or pork chops. I try to keep it simple. Hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Naked Macaron
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More