- Cooking Time: 22
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup cornmeal (preferably whole grain, medium grind)
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage plus 12 whole fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat heavy 10-inch-diameter ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) in oven 10 minutes.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients and 2 teaspoons chopped sage in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk milk, honey, and egg in medium bowl to blend.
- Remove skillet from oven; add 1/2 cup butter. Swirl until butter is melted.
- Pour all except 2 tablespoons butter into egg mixture.
- Add whole sage leaves to butter in skillet; toss to coat.
- Arrange leaves over bottom of skillet, spacing apart.
- Add egg mixture to cornmeal mixture; stir until just combined (do not overmix; batter will be wet and runny).
- Pour batter over sage leaves in skillet.
- Bake until browned around edges and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 22 minutes.
- Cool in skillet 10 minutes.
- Invert onto platter. If necessary, reposition sage leaves atop cornbread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Austin Personal Training Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More