- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- For the pesto:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes
- handful of fresh sage
- 3 Tbsp fontina cheese
- EVOO (I used some regular EVOO and some oil from the sundried tomatoes; use as much as you want depending on the consistency you are going for)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the pesto by combining all ingredients into a small food processor and pulsing until desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cut a pocket into the chicken breasts, or pound them thin enough to stuff and roll.
- Stuff half the pesto mixture into each chicken breast.
- Heat olive oil in oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Pan fry chicken in the olive oil until it is browned on both sides (not cooked through).
- Add chicken broth to skillet and move skillet to the oven to finish cooking the chicken.
- Pour the pan sauce from the skillet over chicken before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More