- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- For the pesto:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes
- handful of fresh sage
- 3 Tbsp fontina cheese
- EVOO (I used some regular EVOO and some oil from the sundried tomatoes; use as much as you want depending on the consistency you are going for)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the pesto by combining all ingredients into a small food processor and pulsing until desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cut a pocket into the chicken breasts, or pound them thin enough to stuff and roll.
- Stuff half the pesto mixture into each chicken breast.
- Heat olive oil in oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Pan fry chicken in the olive oil until it is browned on both sides (not cooked through).
- Add chicken broth to skillet and move skillet to the oven to finish cooking the chicken.
- Pour the pan sauce from the skillet over chicken before serving.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More