- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- For the pesto:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes
- handful of fresh sage
- 3 Tbsp fontina cheese
- EVOO (I used some regular EVOO and some oil from the sundried tomatoes; use as much as you want depending on the consistency you are going for)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the pesto by combining all ingredients into a small food processor and pulsing until desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cut a pocket into the chicken breasts, or pound them thin enough to stuff and roll.
- Stuff half the pesto mixture into each chicken breast.
- Heat olive oil in oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Pan fry chicken in the olive oil until it is browned on both sides (not cooked through).
- Add chicken broth to skillet and move skillet to the oven to finish cooking the chicken.
- Pour the pan sauce from the skillet over chicken before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Jean’s Recipe File
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More