- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup small sago
- 1 / 2 cup minced meat
- 4-5 roots of coriander plants
- 1 / 2 tsp. pepper powder
- 1 / 2 tsp. red chili powder
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. jaggery (or palm sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 / 2 cup roasted coarsely crushed groundnuts
- 3-4 green chilies
- 3-4 salad leaves
- Wash the sago and soak them in little water.
- Wash the coriander roots and crush them.
- Crush garlic and fry it in oil for short time. Remove half of it and put it aside.
- Add into the oil the crushed coriander roots and fry them for a while.
- Now add the minced meat and fry again till it is cooked.
- Add now to it water, fish sauce, pepper powder and chili powder. Let the mixture cook.
- Now add jaggery and groundnuts. Let this mixture cook until all the water has evaporated.
- Make dough out of the soaked sago and make 10 equal balls.
- Take the cooked meat mixture and make 10 rolls.
- Fill each sago ball with meat ball and close.
- Steam the 10 rolls for 10 minutes.
- Serve the sago rolls by placing them on the salad leaves.
- Now sprinkle on it the previously set aside fried garlic.
NotesThis is a Thai receipe which is easy to make and can be eaten during any meal.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Naked Macaron
Cooking with SabraSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More