SAIMIN (HAWAIIAN NOODLE SOUP)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh saimin noodles*
- 6 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound tofu, sliced in 1/2 inch square slices
- 2 baby bok choi, roughly sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 8 ounces kamboko* (Japanese fish cakes), thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat stock, soy sauce and ginger to boiling. Add tofu, fish cakes and bok choi; simmer for about 5 minutes or until bok choi ir crisp tender. Remove from heat and mix in sesame oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve add scallions.
Prepare noodles according to package.
Place noodles in individual bowls, then add broth mixture. Serve warm
* Is available in the Oriental refrigerated section of your supermarket