SAIMIN - HAWAIIAN CHICKEN SOUP
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh Saimin noodles*
- 10 scallions roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 16 ounces Char Sui* (Chinese roasted pork) thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Kamoboko* (Japanese fish cake), sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 pound baby Bok Choi
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat stock, ginger and soy sauce to boiling. Add fish cakes and Bok Choi and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in sesame oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve add pork and scallions.
Prepare fresh noodles according to package. Place noodles in individual bowls, then add broth mixture.
When you have left overs, place the noodles and broth mixture in seperate containers, otherwise the noodles will absorb all the broth. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
*These items are featured in the refrigerated section of your supermarkert with other Oriental food products, and are available also at your local Oriental food market.