SAKE STEAMED SEA BASS WITH GREEN ONIONS
Sake Steamed Sea Bass With Green Onions
- 1/2 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1 tbsp peeled ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 garlic clove, flattened
- 4 5-ounce sea bass fillets (I prefer Chilean sea bass)
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- Steam rice-cook according to instruction
Combine sake, ginger, clam juice and garlic in the large skillet. Bring the liquid to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Arrange fish on rack, sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste. Place steamer rack inside the skillet.
3. Top fish with chopped onions, soy sauce and sesame oil.
4. Cover skillet and steam fish about 5 minutes or until fish is cooked all the way through the center. Remove steamer from skillet.
5. Mix cilantro into the sauce in skillet.
6. Spoon fish onto steam rice. Gently pour juice from skillet.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds