- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- chicken breasts, 1 pound/450 grams, skinless and boneless
- potatoes, 1 pound/450 grams, small diced, boiled (about 4 medium)
- medium onions, 1
- large eggs, 3-4 (depending on how much you like eggs), hard boiled and chopped
- peas, 1 can le seur baby peas, drained (these were insisted on by my friend so are what seem right to me)
- medium carrot, one, very small dice
- dill pickles, 5-6 small (not sweet pickles) chopped
- handful of black olives, sliced in half
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- mayonnaise (about ½ cup)
- cooking oil
- black pepper
- Lightly saute onions until slightly golden. Add chicken and fry until colour changes. Add diced carrot to chicken with a bit of salt and one cup of hot water. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Remove and cut or shred into small pieces. Chill.
- Mash potatoes lightly. Add with peas, pickles, salt, black pepper, mayonnaise, eggs and lime juice to chicken and mix well. Mound the salad into an attractive mound. Cover with a light layer of mayonnaise. Decorate with additional slices of dill pickle and the sliced olives. (Alternately, do it in a big bowl) Salad-e Olovieh should be served cold with crackers, pita bread, whatever you like
NotesA co-worker used to make this but would only ever give me part of the recipe. Thanks to the internet, I've adapted a couple different recipes to get pretty close.
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More