- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup defatted reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 cups washed, dried and torn mixed greens, such as escarole, chicory and/or radicchio
- In a small dry skillet over low heat, stir walnuts until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together chicken broth, vinegar, oil, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper. Add greens and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with the walnuts and additional black pepper to taste.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 77
- Total Fat: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 122mg
- Total Carbs: 4.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More