SALAD WITH CHICKEN AND ZUCCHINI
Salad with Chicken and Zucchini
- Cooking Time: 7 min
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 min
- For the Salad:
- Some mixed greens (the lighter leaves like e.g. Lollo Rosso, Lollo Biondo, Oak Leaves even fresh spinach or Rucola etc.. just mix e.g. your three favourites)
- One small Zucchini
- 10 pieces of Chicken Filés (the small juicy bits, don´t even have to be marinated just seasoned)
- Nice seasoning spice for the Chicken: (I used Webers Smoky Mesquite Seasoning that I just got in Chicago next to the Webers Restaurant, but you can use your favourite)
- A handful of pine nuts
- Some freshly grated parmesan cheese
- For the Dressing:
- ca 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- ca 4 to 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard (even white wine Mustard or your favourite strong mustard is good too)
- 1 Tsp Horseradish Paste (e.g. Cream Horseradish or Table Horseradish. That is something that is very popular in Germany) (if you don´t know it or find it you can also skip it.. it gives a distingtive spicy taste and similes a salad vinaigrette I got in Paris France)
Rinse the Lettuce in cold water and drain
Make the dressing. Taste and add some oil if it´s too sour, some more mustard and horseradish if it needs more kick to it and like I wrote if you dont know or like the horseradish you can also skip it and the vinaigrette tastes great that way too.
Put a fryingpan on the stove and heat.
When warm add the pine nuts to the pan and toast golden, not for too long. When they smell heavenly they are ready.
Set aside on a small dish.
Add some olive or sunflower oil to the pan
Fry the Zucchini that has been cut in thin slices.
When golden on both sides, put on a plate that has a paper towel on it to absorb eccess oil from Zucchini.
Then finally season the Chicken and fry on both sides.
Note do not fry for too long as they can get dry if that happens.
Now Put the Salad together:
Place a bunch of salad on each plate
sprinkle dressing on top and combine
sprinkle pine nuts evenly on each plate
Add 5 chicken pieces ontop on each plate
Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on each plate
Add freshly ground black pepper if desired
Serve with or without some bread and