- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken breast, poached, boned, and skinned
- 1 lb. all-purpose potatoes, boiled in their skins and peeled
- 2 medium pickles, deli-style Claussen Kosher pickles
- 1 c. cooked fresh or frozen peas
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped dill
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 green olives
- 8 sprigs parsley
- Cut the cooked chicken and potatoes into 1/2-inch dice. Dice the pickles in 1/2-inch dice. In a large bowl, combine the meat, potatoes, pickles, green peas,onion, and dill. Add the mayonnaise and mix gently, so that the ingredients are not mashed.
- There are two ways to serve Salat Olivier: It can be shaped into a pyramid on a platter and decorated with the hard-cooked eggs, olives, and parsley; or the mixture can be formed into 12 balls and decorated individually.
- For individual portions, reduce the amount of mayonnaise to make the salad a bit firmer. Refrigerate the salad until serving time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More