- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed French onion soup undiluted, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Add beef, mix gently.
- Shape into six oval patties.
- Brown in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside; discard drippings.
- In the skillet, combine flour and water until smooth; add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return patties to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve patties and gravy over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
- I double this recipe. After browning half of the patties, I set them aside to freeze for later. We really like the gravy that this makes so I use the double batch of gravy to go over mashed potatoes or noodles.
NotesThis is a FAVORITE in my house. It's an often requested birthday dinner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More