- Cooking Time: 70 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1 C ripe banana, mashed
- 1-3/4 C sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C butter or shortening
- 2/3 C sugar
- Butter a bread pan.
- Mash banana.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter-sugar mixture and beat thoroughly.
- Alternately add the sifted dry ingredients and the banana to the butter-sugar-egg batter, beating after each addition until the batter is smooth.
- Turn the batter into a buttered bread pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for about 70 minutes.
NotesSally Jackson was a friend From Cornell and Argonne.
Photo by Elise Bauer from Simply Recipes: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
My Family CookbookSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More