- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg (1/4 oz) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1 cup warm milk (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Honey Butter
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- n a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about one hour. Stir dough down. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown (About half way through, I had to cover top with foil so top wouldn't burn). Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the honey butter ingredients until smooth. Serve with bread.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
NotesGreat with soup and salad. I think I added too much flour, but the bread still turned out very tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More