- 1 6-ounce salmon steak or fillet
- 4 scallions, sliced (divided use)
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 egg white
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 hamburger rolls
- One-third cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped dill or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 small tomato, sliced
Preheat broiler. Remove any fat or dark meat from the salmon. Cut into 2-inch cubes
and chop in food processor or by hand. Add half the sliced scallions to the salmon along
with the bread crumbs, tomato paste and egg white. Add salt and pepper to taste and
combine well. Form into 2 patties about 4 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick. Heat a
nonstick skillet and brown patties on one side. Lower heat slightly and cook 3 minutes.
Turn over and cook another 2 minutes.
Split hamburger rolls in half and toast a few minutes under the broiler until golden.
Mix the mayonnaise, remaining scallions and dill together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, place one patty on each roll, top with mayonnaise and 2 tomato slices.