- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups diced potatoes (diced)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 can salmon, drained
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can cream-style corn (fresh is even better)
- salt & pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In large saucepan, saute onions, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter for 5 minutes while tirring. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, water and dill. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in salmon, milk and corn; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and a tab of butter floating on top
NotesMy famous chowder. I spent some time try to figure out the exact measurements of ingredients; but it's a flexible recipe. Be creative!
You can cook this ahead of time (even 2-3 days)this soup tastes better with time.