- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35
- 2 lb. skinless salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup light-colored molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 12 oz. green beans, or haricot verts (tender young green beans), ends trimmed
- 2 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. coarse grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh parsley, optional
- 2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel, optional
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper, optional
- 1. Sprinkle salmon lightly with salt and pepper; set aside. For glaze, in a small saucepan stir together molasses, brown sugar, and soy sauce*; heat just until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- 2. Grill salmon directly over medium coals for 6 minutes; turn. Grill for 4 minutes; brush with molasses mixture. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with fork, brushing occasionally with glaze. Remove from grill. Cut salmon into 8 pieces. Cover and refrigerate 4 of the portions.
- 3. Tear off four 36x18-inch sheets of heavy foil; fold in half to make 18-inch squares. In a bowl combine beans and squash; toss with mustard. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Divide evenly among foil sheets, placing vegetable mixture in the center. Place a salmon portion on each; spoon on any remaining glaze. Bring up two opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to build.
- 4. Grill foil packets directly over medium coals for 20 minutes.
- 5. To serve, transfer salmon and vegetables from packets to dinner plates. Combine parsley, lemon peel, and the 1�4 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle on salmon. Makes 4 servings.
- Tip: Two-thirds cup hoisin sauce may be substituted for the glaze.