- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill/ 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 7 3/4 ounce can salmon, drained flaked, skin and bone removed
- 1/2 cup finely crushed wheat crackers
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 (2 oz) cup shredded cheese
- In a medium bowl combine egg white, milk, onion, dill, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Add salmon and crackers and mix well
- Form into 3/4 inch thick patties and cook in hot oil in a large skillet over medium low heat about 6 minutes or till golden brown, turning once, then keep warm on a serving platter
- Melt butter in small saucepan, stir in flour and a dash of pepper, then add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir over med heat until bubbly then for 1 minute while bubbling.
- Stir in cheese until melted and spoon over patties
NotesI actually got this recipe from my 9th grade home Ec teacher, and I liked it so much I saved it all these years. Just MAKE SURE you dont accidentally buy the salmon with the bone still in it, it ruins everything.