- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill/ 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 7 3/4 ounce can salmon, drained flaked, skin and bone removed
- 1/2 cup finely crushed wheat crackers
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 (2 oz) cup shredded cheese
- In a medium bowl combine egg white, milk, onion, dill, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Add salmon and crackers and mix well
- Form into 3/4 inch thick patties and cook in hot oil in a large skillet over medium low heat about 6 minutes or till golden brown, turning once, then keep warm on a serving platter
- Melt butter in small saucepan, stir in flour and a dash of pepper, then add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir over med heat until bubbly then for 1 minute while bubbling.
- Stir in cheese until melted and spoon over patties
NotesI actually got this recipe from my 9th grade home Ec teacher, and I liked it so much I saved it all these years. Just MAKE SURE you dont accidentally buy the salmon with the bone still in it, it ruins everything.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More