- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can pink salmon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Pinch of pepper and salt
- Oil for frying
- Add about 1/2 inch of oil or less to a large skillet and let heat thoroughly over medium heat while you prepare the patties.
- Drain liquid from salmon. Remove the big bones from the salmon and as many small ones as you can, you don’t have to get them all because they are small and soft and can be chopped with the salmon. I like to remove the brownish black parts of the salmon as well.
- Chop salmon until it is in reasonably small pieces and set aside. In a medium sized bowl beat egg with a fork. Mix in cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, and salmon. Now comes the fun part. Grab a handful of the salmon mixture with your hands and gently shape it into a round patty. I make my patties about the size of a tuna fish can but you can them bigger if desired.
- Place patty in hot oil and press them down to help flatten them more with the back of a spatula. Fry until golden brown on one side. Flip and continue frying until the other side is golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Cooking for a Cure
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More