- Cooking Time: 30 minuteS
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- One box of puffed pastry
- 6 or 8 individual fillets of salmon
- Package of frozen spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
- Gruyere, or you can substitute Fontina, mozzarella,or Gouda slices
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten
- Lay half of the puffed pastry down on a cookie tray with a layer of parchment paper on top.
- Layer the salmon, spinach and cheese.
- Cover the whole thing with a few layers of the puffed pastry.
- Puff pastry rises whenit bakes, so it's important to have the border firmly sealed so id doesn't pop apart.
- Use your fingers to roll in the edges in a curly or decorative ropey pattern.
- Brush and egg wash all over the exterior, then season one final time.
- Bake at 350 degrees till golden brown.
- Serve it whole at the table, or slice it in the kitchen and serve.
NotesI found this recipe in a magazine and it looked wonderful. I plan to make it for a luncheon I'm having soon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More