Salmon en “papillote”
Butter (unsalted) for buttering the inside of each sheet.
6 10oz salmon fillets
½ cup chopped fresh chive
½ cup chopped fennel green
1 lemon, sliced
lemon juice, to taste
white pepper or black (to taste)
6 sheets of parchment paper or wax paper.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fold parchment paper in half lengthwise and cut into a heart shape.
3. Butter the inside of each sheet, stopping 2 in off the edges.
4. Place the salmon, skin side down on one half of each heart (to achieve even cooking tuck
the thin edges of the fillet under the thicker center)
5. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle chives and fennel greens evenly and place the lemon
slices on top of each fillet.
6. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil if desired.
7. Fold the uncovered half of paper over the fillet and align the edges.
Fold the edges over by ½ in and crimp together.
Make sure that it is completely air tight.
8. Place the packages on a sheet pan and bake until parchment paper puffs and becomes browned around the edges. (About 10 minutes)
Pairs Well With
Salmon en “papillote” on sautee’ baby spinach
Wine Pairings: Pinot Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc