- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 packages (8 oz. size) cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Jack cheese or Colby Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 cartons (8 oz size) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bottled mild or hot salsa
- 1 can (4.5 oz. size) diced green chile peppers, drained
- ***Assorted Toppings***
- chopped tomato
- sliced pitted ripe olives
- chopped green sweet pepper
- sliced green onions
- snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add Jack cheese and 1 carton of sour cream; beat until combined.
- Add the eggs all at once, beating on low speed just until mixture is combined.
- Pour filling into a 9" springform pan.
- Place pan in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until center of cheesecake appears nearly set when shaken.
- Place pan on a wire rack.
- Spoon remaining carton of sour cream onto hot cheesecake.
- Let stand about 1 minute to soften.
- Carefully spread over top.
- Cool cheesecake thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, remove the side of the pan.
- Sprinkle cheesecake with assorted toppings.
NotesThis first time I made this, everyone was so impressed! It looks so elegant for a party and everyone raves about it and asks me to make it to bring to parties. You can use whatever toppings you would like but I never forget to add my cilantro on top. Easy and Beautiful!
Serve with crackers or tortilla chips or whatever you would like! Enjoy!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More