- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis first time I made this, everyone was so impressed! It looks so elegant for a party and everyone raves about it and asks me to make it to bring to parties. You can use whatever toppings you would like but I never forget to add my cilantro on top. Easy and Beautiful!
Serve with crackers or tortilla chips or whatever you would like! Enjoy!!!
- 2 packages (8 oz. size) cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Jack cheese or Colby Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 cartons (8 oz size) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bottled mild or hot salsa
- 1 can (4.5 oz. size) diced green chile peppers, drained
- ***Assorted Toppings***
- chopped tomato
- sliced pitted ripe olives
- chopped green sweet pepper
- sliced green onions
- snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add Jack cheese and 1 carton of sour cream; beat until combined.
- Add the eggs all at once, beating on low speed just until mixture is combined.
- Pour filling into a 9" springform pan.
- Place pan in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until center of cheesecake appears nearly set when shaken.
- Place pan on a wire rack.
- Spoon remaining carton of sour cream onto hot cheesecake.
- Let stand about 1 minute to soften.
- Carefully spread over top.
- Cool cheesecake thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, remove the side of the pan.
- Sprinkle cheesecake with assorted toppings.