- Cooking Time: 15
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets and stems
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces drained canned kidney beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper
Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add the broth, garlic, onion, and broccoli and saute for 3 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
Add the bell peppers and saute for 2 more minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
Cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer.
Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Taste the mixture and add additional salt and pepper if desired.
Approximate time: 15 minutes.
Served with rice, pasta, or baked potatoes, this dish makes a full meal.