- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375. Brown chicken in skillet (no need to cook through). Toss chicken (we had chicken strips left over) with seasonings, then add to casserole or baking dish. Add salsa and green pepper. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Add cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- POINTS: 4 per serving (4 servings)
- We served this with fat free refried beans (1 POINT).
NotesI have heard of this crockpot wonder, Salsa Chicken. We have no crockpot because I threw it away because it burned anything that it came into contact with! However, I adapted this to fit into our lifestyle, sans crockpot. It turned out very yummy and moist!
POINTS: 4 per serving (4 servings)
We served this with fat free refried beans (1 POINT).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More