- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375. Brown chicken in skillet (no need to cook through). Toss chicken (we had chicken strips left over) with seasonings, then add to casserole or baking dish. Add salsa and green pepper. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Add cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- POINTS: 4 per serving (4 servings)
- We served this with fat free refried beans (1 POINT).
NotesI have heard of this crockpot wonder, Salsa Chicken. We have no crockpot because I threw it away because it burned anything that it came into contact with! However, I adapted this to fit into our lifestyle, sans crockpot. It turned out very yummy and moist!
POINTS: 4 per serving (4 servings)
We served this with fat free refried beans (1 POINT).
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More