- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375. Brown chicken in skillet (no need to cook through). Toss chicken (we had chicken strips left over) with seasonings, then add to casserole or baking dish. Add salsa and green pepper. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Add cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- POINTS: 4 per serving (4 servings)
- We served this with fat free refried beans (1 POINT).
NotesI have heard of this crockpot wonder, Salsa Chicken. We have no crockpot because I threw it away because it burned anything that it came into contact with! However, I adapted this to fit into our lifestyle, sans crockpot. It turned out very yummy and moist!
POINTS: 4 per serving (4 servings)
We served this with fat free refried beans (1 POINT).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Social CookbookSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More