- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (your choice of heat)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Diet Coke (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ON THIS ITEM)
- 1 lime, juice of, fresh squeezed (optional)
- In 12 inch skillet, cook chicken over medium high heat in UNSEASONED pan (do NOT spray with PAM or add any oil or butter).
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chicken will stick a bit to skillet when turning but that is ok.
- Cook till just brown- you want a bit of color.
- Add the entire jar of Salsa and the can of Diet Coke.
- Reduce heat to medium low- and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, covered.
- Remove lid, turn chicken and continue to simmer until sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
- When ready to serve, squeeze juice from 1 fresh lime over the chicken.
- I serve this over yellow rice (I just add turmeric to my rice when cooking- adds nice bright yellow color!).
- Do not use regular Coke as this will turn out too sweet.
- I promise--you cannot taste the Diet Coke.
NotesWhen I was doing Weight Watchers and the boys were home, I got really tired of fixing 3 sets of meals each night. When I came upon this recipe - I just didn't tell them this was WW and to this day they still don't know. When the boys come home now - this is one dish they will request. Super fast & easy to fix on work nights. 4 oz. = 4 WW points (without rice) *Note - if the sauce is too runny or thin...extend the reduction time (after removing lid). It may take another 5-10 minutes to thicken and have the consistency you desire.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Breads and Pastry 101
The Naked MacaronSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More