- Cooking Time: 2 hrs
- Servings: 6-7
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lb lean Ground Beef
- 1 lb bulk Sausage
- ½ c thick bottled Salsa
- ½ c chopped Onion
- ½ c chopped Green Pepper
- ¼ c chopped Green Onion (green and white parts)
- ¼ c finely chopped Shallots
- 1-2 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 eggs
- 2/3 c dried Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt (Lowery's or your favorite)
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash Original Season Blend
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- In a large bowl, combine everything (using your hands works best); mix well but do not over-handle the meat – over-handling will make a tough meatloaf. Shape into a loaf and place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish (not a loaf pan). Bake at 350 for about an hour, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted in the center. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
- Note: What makes this meatloaf different is the combination of all the different onions and garlic.
- Note: I mold the meatloaf into 2 football shapes and bake them in a lidded casserole dish for 2 hours, turning once after 1 hour. I prefer them not to be pink at all.
NotesThis is the best meatloaf ever! Got this recipe from "Fluffy" at the Taste of Home web site. I have tweaked it just a bit, mainly the length of cooking time..
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More