- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped (or 1 package chocolate chunks)
- Course-grind fleur de sel, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Heat chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 25-second increments, stirring in between, until just melted. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until the sugar has completely dissolved (4-5 minutes). Reduce speed to low and add the melted (and now slightly cooled) chocolate. Mix until uniform. Add the flour mixture until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are shiny and crackly yet still soft in centers, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle additional salt on the cookies and cool on sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container. Enjoy with a tall glass of ice cold milk.
NotesConfections of a Foodie Bride - Martha Stewart Living
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More