- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all purpose flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 cups mixed nuts or cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 ounce package (1 cup) butterscotch chips
- Mixed nuts and a candy glaze for a very special flavor.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and margarine; blend well.
- Press into ungreased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan (or two 9-inch square pans).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle nuts over partially-baked crust.
- In small saucepan, combine corn syrup, margarine, water and butterscotch chips;
- boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour cooked mixture over nuts.
- Return to oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Makes 48 bars.
- Note: Self-rising flour is not recommended.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More