SALTED NUT BARS
- Servings: 48
- 3 cups all purpose flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 cups mixed nuts or cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 ounce package (1 cup) butterscotch chips
Mixed nuts and a candy glaze for a very special flavor.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and margarine; blend well.
Press into ungreased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan (or two 9-inch square pans).
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle nuts over partially-baked crust.
In small saucepan, combine corn syrup, margarine, water and butterscotch chips;
boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour cooked mixture over nuts.
Return to oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool completely; cut into bars.
Makes 48 bars.
Note: Self-rising flour is not recommended.