- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all purpose flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 cups mixed nuts or cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 ounce package (1 cup) butterscotch chips
- Mixed nuts and a candy glaze for a very special flavor.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and margarine; blend well.
- Press into ungreased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan (or two 9-inch square pans).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle nuts over partially-baked crust.
- In small saucepan, combine corn syrup, margarine, water and butterscotch chips;
- boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour cooked mixture over nuts.
- Return to oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Makes 48 bars.
- Note: Self-rising flour is not recommended.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More