- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound saltine crackers
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in a single layer.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over Saltine Crackers and spread the mixture to cover the crackers completely.
- Bake for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over all the crackers and sprinkle top with chopped pecan nuts.
- Cool completely (about 1/2 day or more) and break into pieces.
- This candy has never lasted long enough for me to determine its shelf life.
NotesWho knew saltines could taste this good?!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More