- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound saltine crackers
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in a single layer.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over Saltine Crackers and spread the mixture to cover the crackers completely.
- Bake for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over all the crackers and sprinkle top with chopped pecan nuts.
- Cool completely (about 1/2 day or more) and break into pieces.
- This candy has never lasted long enough for me to determine its shelf life.
NotesWho knew saltines could taste this good?!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More