SALTINE CRACKER CANDY
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter
- buttery crackers or saltines
- 2 1/2 c. chocolate chips (white, milk and bittersweet)
- Nuts (ie. cashews, peanuts, pecans)
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper & top with buttery crackers or saltines.
- In a saucepan, I melt down 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of butter. Bring to a boil and let boil for about 2-3 minutes, then pour immediately over the crackers.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes.
- Pour about 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips over the crackers and let sit for a few minutes to allow chips to soften. I like to use white, milk & bittersweet chocolate chips & arrange in a neopolitan style.
- Then spread the chocolate to cover crackers entirely. Top with nuts (ie. cashews, peanuts, pecans - whatever you have on hand that would be good with chocolate) and press the nuts & chocolate chips into the crackers using a sheet of parchment or waxed paper.
- Allow to cool and break up.
NotesThis is my MIL's favorite, along with candied pecans for Xmas. Just the right amount of sweet & salty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More