- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter
- buttery crackers or saltines
- 2 1/2 c. chocolate chips (white, milk and bittersweet)
- Nuts (ie. cashews, peanuts, pecans)
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper & top with buttery crackers or saltines.
- In a saucepan, I melt down 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of butter. Bring to a boil and let boil for about 2-3 minutes, then pour immediately over the crackers.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes.
- Pour about 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips over the crackers and let sit for a few minutes to allow chips to soften. I like to use white, milk & bittersweet chocolate chips & arrange in a neopolitan style.
- Then spread the chocolate to cover crackers entirely. Top with nuts (ie. cashews, peanuts, pecans - whatever you have on hand that would be good with chocolate) and press the nuts & chocolate chips into the crackers using a sheet of parchment or waxed paper.
- Allow to cool and break up.
NotesThis is my MIL's favorite, along with candied pecans for Xmas. Just the right amount of sweet & salty.
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More