- Cooking Time: 7 to 10 minutes
- Servings: about 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Saltine crackers
- 1 and a half stick butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 12 oz. pkg of milk chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- Line a cookie sheet in parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cover the entire cookie sheet with saltine crackers.
- Melt the butter in sauce pan.
- Add sugar to the melted butter and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about one minute.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, until bubbly and caramel in color.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over, spreading evenly as they melt.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate until cool and break apart.
NotesA gentleman that I worked with over 15 years ago used to bring this delicious treat to office parties. We all insisted that he share and I would love to share with you. People think this tastes like toffee!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More