- Cooking Time: 7 to 10 minutes
- Servings: about 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Saltine crackers
- 1 and a half stick butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 12 oz. pkg of milk chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- Line a cookie sheet in parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cover the entire cookie sheet with saltine crackers.
- Melt the butter in sauce pan.
- Add sugar to the melted butter and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about one minute.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, until bubbly and caramel in color.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over, spreading evenly as they melt.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate until cool and break apart.
NotesA gentleman that I worked with over 15 years ago used to bring this delicious treat to office parties. We all insisted that he share and I would love to share with you. People think this tastes like toffee!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More